Google Meet allows individuals to connect and communicate in a secure manner. You can collaborate and conduct meetings with others from home with the help of Google Meet with end to end encryption.
This guide will provide you with all the information you need to use Google Meet on your PC.
What is Google Meet?
Google Meet was previously known as Google Hangouts Meet and it allows everyone to be able to do video conferencing from any location with up to 100 participants. There are advanced features available for various schools, businesses and organizations.
It is a communication software which is compatible with Android, iOS and Web browsers as well.
How to Download Google Meet for PC?
Google Meet can be used and opened on your browser without having to be downloaded but if you want the application downloaded on your PC, follow these steps,
- Google Meet can be downloaded by using the Bluestacks emulator on your PC.
- BlueStacks can be downloaded by going to the official website and clicking the download option present there.
- After the download is complete, sign in with your Google ID to access the PlayStore.
- Go to the search bar and look for Google Meet. When the results come up, click on Google meet and hit the install button present there.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed and once it is done, you can open the app by clicking on the icon and use it on your PC.
What are the Features of Google Meet?
- There is call encryption for all the users when the calls are taking place.
- There is a noise cancellation audio filter available.
- You can join meetings through the web browser or iOS or Android applications.
- There is an option of screen sharing to present documents, presentations, images and information as necessary.
- You can join meetings with a dial in number in the US.
- Hosts can manage and take control in a manner where users can be removed and denied entry from calls.
- There are filters, effects and augmented reality masks present.
- The low light video mode is also available.
- There is live messaging that can be done during the calls with the participants to make it more engaging.
- You can have an unlimited number of meetings.
- Live captioning can be done during the meetings.
- It is compatible with any device and works across various platforms.
- There is a video and audio preview screen available before you join the meetings.
What are the Alternatives to Google Meet?
Zoom Meetings –
Zoom is a cloud based video conferencing application that is highly scalable. It allows instant messaging, file sharing, webinars and many other features to be used within the app. It supports platforms such as Web browsers, iOS and Android.
It is user friendly and has an affordable price point when it comes to gaining access to additional features that may be required.
Microsoft Teams –
This is a chat based, user friendly workspace where users can easily collaborate and work on documents and communicate by using video calls and conferences. Microsoft Teams has become well known for being the online meeting solution when it comes to businesses. There is great integration present with other tools and it has a good graphical interface.
Webex brings calling, meeting and messaging together in a collaborative, seamless manner. There are tons of interactive features available to help make meetings more engaging and provide an overall intelligent experience.
Meetings can be made more productive and professional as well as personal relationships can be balanced and handled.
It is known to be adaptable with any kind of workstyle.
Does Google Meet have a time limit?
Ans: It allows users to hold one on one calls for 24 hours and group calls can be done for 60 minutes.
What is the maximum number of people that can be on a Google Meet call?
Ans: Up to 500 members can be present in a Google video meeting.
Is Google Meet free to use?
Ans: Google Meet is a freemium service which offers additional features at a certain fixed price.