If you’re looking for an application that can be used to manage and monitor your range extender or TP-Link router with your computer, TP-Link Tether is a great choice.
This guide will provide you with all the information that you will need in order to navigate this app.
What is TP-Link Tether?
TP link Tether is an application which easily allows you to access and manage your routers and range extenders in a remote manner which is also simultaneous. It works with a simple, intuitive interface which makes the overall experience better for all kinds of users.
It provides a unique TP-link ID to users and your DSL modem router can be managed from any location.
How to Download TP-Link Tether on your PC?
- An emulator has to be downloaded on your PC first. The Nox Player Emulator is a good choice and it can be downloaded by going to the official website.
- Once the Nox Player emulator has been downloaded, sign into your Google account.
- Go to the Google PlayStore and search for TP-Link Tether in the search bar given on top. Wait for the results to load.
- Select the app when it comes up and click the install option provided along with it to start the installation process.
- After the app is installed, TP-Link Tether can be used on your PC by clicking on it.
What are the Features of TP-Link Tether?
- The app is fully free to be used.
- The TP-link devices can simultaneously be managed and controlled.
- Network management tasks that are lightweight and simple can be performed.
- You can block unauthorized users who are accessing your devices.
- The permissions of client devices can be managed.
- The best location to place your range extender can be found with this app.
- The network mapping has been designed well.
- Multimedia files can be streamed from USB drives that have been connected.
- There is a parental controls option which has a schedule and Internet based management that is URL based.
- LEDs can automatically be switched off at any specified time.
- You can set up internet, SSID, VDSL or ADSL and the password settings present on your devices.
What are the Alternatives of TP-link Tether?
This is an app which is the command center for Linkysys WiFi routers and connected devices.
It provides you with remote access and has parental controls available to control internet access.
Streaming can be improved by using the device prioritization feature present in the app.
NetGear Genie –
NetGear Genie is an app which helps you easily repair and manage your network for free. There are tons of features that can be accessed and used.
It is compatible with many devices and platforms to make the configuration and management of NetGear devices much simpler.
SpeedCheck Internet Speed Test –
SpeedCheck allows you to test your internet speed and add your results to the database. The fastest Wi-Fi hotspots from all over the world can be found and used.
It is reliable and allows fast and accurate readings. SpeedCheck works with any type of connection.
An additional interesting tip for users of this app is that SpeedCheck allows loyal users to remove ads forever by tapping seven times on the picture given in the settings.
Q1. Is TP- Link Tether free?
Ans: Yes, the app is free for use and works well.
Q2. What does TP-Link Tether do?
Ans: Your TP-Link devices can be accessed and your common settings can easily be monitored and set up with the app.
Q3. Do TP-Link routers have a backdoor?
Ans: Two models of the device TL-WA701ND and TL-WR802N have an active backdoor.